What is MRCPCH?
Mrcpch is Membef the Royal College of Pediatrics and Child Health.
How many Parts in MRCPCH?
It has 2 parts: Part 1 and Part 2.
Part 1 has 2 papers
Part 1 Consist of two papers, each of 2½ hours duration. Both papers are held on the same day, Paper 1a in the morning and 1b in the afternoon.
- Paper 1a
Focuses mainly on community or primary care practice (Generally the easier one with high pass rate)
- Paper 1b
Focuses on the more complex pediatric problem-solving skills and on the scientific knowledge (more difficult, need more work)
Where are the Exam Centers of MRCPCH?
For Part-1: UK centers:
Belfast, Birmingham, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, London, Sheffield, Southampton
MRCPCH Written Exam Centres In India:
The Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health run examinations in the following cities across India:
- New Delhi
Apart from India, MRCPCH exam Centre also in Hong Kong, Singapore, Oman, Malaysia Egypt, UAE and KSA as well.
How much does it cost to sit in MRCPCH Exam?
Part-1 -471 GBP and Part-2-652GBP
What is the Basic Eligibility to sit in MRCPCH Exam?
Candidates are eligible to enter for the Part 1 exam when they have obtained their medical degree. After competing part-1 you can sit for Part-2 Exam
How do I apply to sit the Part 1 MRCPCH?
Requirements for First Time Candidates:
- Application Forms ‘A’ and ‘B’ for overseas centre. Your name should be identical to that on your diploma. If there are initial/s on your diploma, you must submit an official letter explaining what name(s) the initial(s) stand for, addressed “To Whom It May Concern”. On the application form, remember to fill the appointment held. Do not forget to fill up the reverse side of the application forms and to affix your signatures on both forms. (You can download application forms A and B for overseas from the website: rcpch.ac.uk)
- ORIGINAL MEDICAL DIPLOMA (must be in English otherwise you must submit an official translation in English).
- Two (2) Passport-Size Photographs.
- LOCAL REGISTRATION FEE: SR 500 bank draft made payable to the: “Postgraduate Centre For Medical Education”
- Royal College (MRCPCH) Fee:
- For both Papers 1A and 1B: GBP £433 bank draft only made payable to: “Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health.
What is the Question Format of MRCPCH Part-1?
Each Paper Contain 2 ½ hour and the question Format is Best responses, EMQ and MCQ. Note that you can enter both papers on the same day or to enter only one and attempt the remaining paper at a later date.
Questions: Each paper consists of:
- 12 Extended matching questions (EMQ) worth 9 marks each (3 per item)
- 15 Multiple true-false questions worth 5 marks each (1 per item)
- 48 Best of five questions worth
About The MRCPCH Examinations:
Currently MRCPCH is a UK and international examination in paediatrics comprising of three sections; MRCPCH Foundation of Practice and Theory and Science, MRCPCH Applied Knowledge and the MRCPCH Clinical Examination.
Each written exam paper may be sat in any order but the MRCPCH Clinical can only be sat once and other written papers have been successfully completed. All candidates applying to sit the written exams in India must now apply online.
The MRCPCH Clinical is a ten-station practical assessment and can only be sat once all written examinations have been completed. Candidates who successfully complete all parts of the MRCPCH examinations are eligible to become Members of the Royal College.
MRCPCH is open to all who are training in paediatrics. If you would like to know more, please click here read the newcomer’s guide.
Candidate Eligibility – Bangladeshi Nationals:
The RCPCH has opened up the MRCPCH Clinical in India exam to all Bangladeshi nationals and those who are currently working in Bangladesh. The decision was taken due to the increasing number of applications we have been receiving from this area. India nationals and those currently working in India will still, however, receive priority.
For information on all India application periods, dates and fees for all exams please click here and review the relevant exam or exam diet document/s.
For any queries regarding the MRCPCH Clinical Exam in India please email Dr Deepak Ugra, firstname.lastname@example.org
Capstone Course for MRCPCH Clinical
By PPR Academy of Sciences* Training Programme
• Intensive and interactive three-day clinical training with mock exam and immediate feedback.
• Taught by experienced UK faculty.
• Specifically designed for the needs of non-UK trained pediatricians.
• Covers all stations including;
Clinical (5 stations),
NH-5, GANNAVARAM MANDAL,
KRISHNA DIST – 521286 A.P. India.
For Further Details Contact:
Phone: (+91) 9177891155 ( India)
(+44) 7515017574 (UK)
Last published on 13 February 2014
Find out more
For more information, please visit The Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists official website @ https://www.rcog.org.uk/
[Disclaimer: Most of the information given here is taken from the official website of The Royal College of Paediatrics & Child Health ( http://www.rcpch.ac.uk/ ) . For most recent updates Candidates are recommended to visit the official website of RCPCH]